(I introduced Chris to this meal after my trip to India in 2015. He decided this should be a tradition going forward)
INCREDIENTS FOR 4
150 ml yoghurt
50g ground almonds
1.5 tsp chilli powder
0.25 tsp crushed bay leaves
0.25 tsp ground cloves
0.25 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp garam masala
4 green cardamom pods
1 tsp grated fresh ginger root
1 tsp crushed fresh garlic
400g / 2 cups canned tomatoes
1.25 tsp salt
1kg / 2.25 lb skinless boneless chicken, cubed
75g tbsp butter
1 tbsp corn oil
2 medium onions, sliced
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
4 tbsp single (light) cream
coriander sprigs to garnish
1) Put the yoghurt into a bowl and add the ground almonds, chili powder, crushed bay leaves, ground cloves, cinnamon, garam masala, cardamoms, ginger and garlic.
2) Chop the tomatoes and add them to the bowl with the salt. Mix thoroughly.
3) Put the chicken into a large mixing bowl and pour over the yogurt mixture. Set aside.
4) Melt together the butter and oil in a karahi, wok or deep pan. Add the onions and fry for about 3 minutes.
5) Add the chicken mixture and stir fry for 7-10 minutes.
6) Sprinkle over about half of the coriander and mix well.
7) Pour over the cream and stir in well. Heat through and serve, garnished with the remaining chopped coriander and coriander sprigs.
Gutes gelingen und guten Appetit!